Discount Dental Plans are not dental insurance, but provide an easy way to save money at the dentist’s office. By joining a dental plan, you gain access to a network of dental offices who have agreed to offer a wide range of dental procedures at a significant discount. Discount dental plan members save on preventive treatments like cleanings and x-rays, and on major treatments like root canals and bridges.
When you become a member of a discount dental plan, you’ll pay the dentist directly when you go in for your appointment, but at a discounted rate. You don’t need to worry about filling out complex paperwork or waiting for reimbursements.
Discount dental plans are great options for people who:
- Do not belong to an exclusive organization
- Do not have dental coverage through an employer
- Have immediate dental needs
- Have reached the annual limit for another dental program
- Have prior dental conditions